Re: single SU

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: single SU
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:57:10 EST
Daniel,

Yes, I'm just checking your attentiveness.  (you win the site test for this
month - a batch of handy wipes for your next race) They are now HIF 44's.
They look as good now, just alot more consistent.  I haven't done the new
photo yet.... to busy AutoX'ing and working on the Roller.

I talked to Visard about the A series book's charts on the HIF44. He has the
spring (dashpot) and jet setup to use for a single.  I talked to him, and he
said I was on my own for a dual setup. He said he had no notes on a dual
setup. I think that book's figures are for a single.  SU's are pretty
forgiving except for sync, and that is critical.

I'm not doing a single cause I didn't want to get too "non British", but my
buddy has a 1312 setup with a 45 weber and he "kicks butt". They did have to
throat it down so he is less than my two SU's, but more than a single HIF44.
He did have to do alot of dyno setup, but once done, it has been very
consistent!

Keep your left shoulder padded,

John