Re: Guess what I will be doing today?

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "ryan marro" <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Guess what I will be doing today?
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:36:48 -0000
From ryan marro <ryan_marro at hotmail.com>
To: <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Sent: 03 December 2000 14:52

> Rob,
> I'd like to see the picture.  Do these engines have a lot of pollution
> control on them?  Is it easy to remove?
> Ryan

POLLUTION CONTROL????       IN THE UK?????

Naw.  Practically none on ANY UK cars before the late '80s..  That is why a
Morris Ital motor is so much more powerful than a stock MG MIdget.  There
are no pollution control parts to remove from any Ital or Marina 1275 A+.
BL/BMC used converted Ital engines as factory recon units in the mid 80s.  I
know someone who bought some from BL/BMC as Gold Seal units and had the
distributor and drive fitted to them when they arrived.  Just fit the carbs
and the flywheel (still a Midget crank) and away you go.  Don't know how
many of these were issued, but a German bought an Ital from me to replace
the Gold Seal A+ he had fitted many years ago.