Electromotive Ignitions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Electromotive Ignitions
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:01:41 -0800
I'm still in the process of buying toys for a complete rebuild of my '70 midget.
I started out thinking I was going to do a vanilla rebuild.  Now I've amassed an
assortment of  goodies which I buy as I get consulting jobs on the side.  A
timing belt conversion kit just came in from minimania, I had my block bored
.060 oversize, cam bearinsgs installed, etc.  With the exception of an oil pump,
I've got the entire bottom end of my engine.

I've been shopping for a good ignition system and a crank triggered setup has
caught my eye. The spark is triggered by a magnetic pickup on the crankshaft or
cam and the distributor can be removed and thrown away.  Each cylinder gets it's
own spark coil.   It is made by electromotive and can be programmed with a
custom advance curve.  I don't really know what kind of difference it will make
in terms of performance, but it looks like a neato, whiz-bang, geegaw to have.
Such a system should maintain perfect timing throughout it's life, rather than
degrading between tune-ups and as the distributor ages.   If it outlives a
couple of distributors, I don't mind paying the extra money.
I also like being able to customize the advance curve to suit my engine.  Has
anybody used one of these?

Their web site is http://www.electromotive-inc.com