RE: Electromotive Ignitions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electromotive Ignitions
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:06:01 -0800
The fully programmible unit is the HPV-3b.  My discussion with electromotive
indicates that the hpv-1 would be more than adequate-- It's not software
programmible, but you can change the advance curve easily with dials on the
unit.  You set your inital advance, advance at 3000rpm and advance for 8000rpm.
The unit then extrapolates everything in between. It has a provision for a
vacuum sensor (supposedly) and rev limiting.  Rev limiting is not that big of
deal on an a series engine, but it would sure be nice on my jag.  It's not a
good idea to rev that big six too much -- it's got a long crank and long
connecting rods.

The price for the hpv-1 and sensor wheel is $500 from
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com

I wish I knew enough to build my own system using an embedded controller.