RE: Electromotive Ignitions

To: "'curt.onstott@orst.edu'" <curt.onstott@orst.edu>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electromotive Ignitions
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:40:19 -0800
What model is their $900 box? the HPV-3B  or one of the TEC units? Don't
forget adding the cost of re-springing the advance curve every time you want
to change something. Probably with shipping $100 a pop.

Personally I would like something that can handle a hall effect sensor in
the current distributor using a pertronix trigger or something similar.
Gutting the Lucas distributor so no centrifugal advance, and plugging the
vacuum line to prevent vacuum advance\retard. Then the bare signal goes to
the box, it does its thing and calculates how much advance is needed
depending on some factors like a knock sensor and whatnot. It triggers the
coil, coil discharges, goes to the rotor, rotor contacts correct cylinder in
cap, cap goes to wires, wires to plugs, and BAM off you go.

Anybody know of such a box? The electromotive I believe has to be triggered
using their crank sensor.

The computer should be able to calculate with enough precision using the 4
lobed distributor shaft. Now for sequential fuel injection, that needs more
"Resolution" and a timing wheel is the obvious choice..

Toby