Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup

To: tspeed@carolina.rr.com, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:51:25 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/12/2000 1:44:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tspeed@carolina.rr.com writes:

<<  I am concerned about closing the hood of our
 Midget for first time. (not yet done) How much of an interference fit
 is there? Any other problems I should look out for? >>

I would say the dimple in my bonnet is a good eighth-inch, created by the Air
cleaner  and/or the air cleaner bolt.  The key would be to get an air cleaner
that is thin enought to give you clearance.  I believe you could put a lump
of clay on the outer edge of the lower air cleaner platform, lower your
bonnet all the way closed, then measure the height of the clay. That would
give you a measurement which would translate into how much clearance you
have.  You would want an air cleaner and lid thinner than that measurement.
Also be sure the air cleaner bolt does not exceed that height.

Maybe someone has an easier way to determing the clearance. Wish I had done
that before getting the dimpled bonnet.  But then, dimples are supposed to be
cute arent they?  8^)

--DAvid C.