Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup

To: npenney@erols.com, wmgilroy@avaya.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:50:05 EST
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/11/2000 8:16:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
npenney@erols.com writes:

<< one
 of them (cannon?) has a dogleg to lower the carburetor, at least some others
do not have
 this.  How important it is for a spridget I can't say >>

I can.  If you want to see the upward dent in my bonnet ('79 Midget 1500)
caused by the air cleaner atop the Weber downdraft, I will show it to you.
That is one of the problems of the downdraft that several of us on the list
have discussed but never have come up with a truly acceptable solution.  I
partially solved the problem by cranking down on the outer bolt ont he K & N
filter until the element "crimped to the point that it sits on the carb in a
slant.

--David C.