Re: Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, <CNAArndt@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:34:27 -0500
Cc: <HealeyRic2@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
And that isn't the final analysis, no matter how smart you think
you are.

>   I mean, really, every time they have a football
> game, WHAT A COINCIDENCE that two teams show up, WITH
> GEAR, and REFS ARE THERE, and somebody brings A BALL!
>   That doesn't mean the game is fixed, it just means
> they know what it takes to give the teams what they
> need to make a good show.

The over riding difference is that the football game and its rules
are above board. The junkyard games cover up their "fixes" and are
therefore technically a deception. Non technical lazy producers
will eventually turn it into a soap opera or the equivalent of pro
wrestling. No big deal - it sells, and that's all that counts.
Let's not turn the world on its ears by demanding anything really
creative from TV land.

Mike L. (P. Eng.)
60A,67E,59Bug