Re: Another shifting problem

To: JustBrits <justbrits@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Another shifting problem
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 21:46:03 -0500
Cc: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Guy wrote,
> <<maybe the little setscrew that fixes the 1st / 2nd gear selector to
> the shaft has come loose

Then Ed wrote...

> Agreed, Guy (Frank).

Guys

This was the problem.

I yanked it out after 2 hours of messing with the shifter.
ONE bolt! At least it was a simple fix but I did have to pull the engine
and trans to open it up and tighten the bolt.
I also found out the tranny mount was not bolted to the tranny, one
engine mount was not bolted to the mount holder, maybe this was a good
thing after all.
So much for my "original engine never out" 67 Sprite.
The DAPO could have atleast bolted in the tranny mount.
No wonder the slave bolt seemed closer to the frame then normal.
Now if I could just find a couple more of my sons friends to help me
lift it back in :)
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ