Re: Another shifting problem

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another shifting problem
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:56:58 -0500
sounds like the 1st/2nd shift rod  is moving/rotating away so the shift tab
does not engage with its slot. This can be caused by the pointed lock bolt
on the 1st/2nd shift fork coming loose, allowing the shift shaft to rotate
and wiggle around. Or something else along these lines is not allowing you
to engage this rod. If you can engage other gears then the tab on the
shifter forward is ok. It just is missing the hole on the shift/select rod.
Take the side cover off and check the bolt that holds the front fork.
Something in that system is amiss.