Horn circuit?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Horn circuit?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:31:41 -0800
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to complete the
circuit for the horn on my Bugeye.  I know the negative side comes from
the battery through the voltage regulator then to the fuse and then
right to the horn.  Then the other lead from the horn goes to the horn
push on the steering wheel.  When you push the button on the steering
wheel it is supposed to ground through the steering wheel which contacts
the splines on the steering column that is connected to the steering
rack.  The steering rack is connected to the swivel axle.  From there I
am lost.  How can it ground through the swivel axles?  The swivel axle
is insulated with rubber bushings.  The steering rack itself has
"packing" where it clamps in the brackets that bolt to the body.  I'm
ready to run a wire from the bottom bolt of the brass pinion cover to
one of the mounting bolts of the steering rack bracket.  That's not
right.  Any ideas?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite