Re: Internet Car Ads was Re: Bugeye F/S

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Internet Car Ads was Re: Bugeye F/S
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:59:31 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I would be interested in hearing other listers experiences with > internet
>car ads.

I have bought and sold cars over the internet.
My kids seem to be buying (and selling) their cars exclusively over the
net. They seem to know how to look locally for cars. (everyday modern
plastic cars)

But like Jay mentioned, I posted our Mini on the net 3 years ago, the ad
is still floating around out there and I do not know where.
When I do get a reply (even these days) I say it has been sold and
please tell me where you saw the ad so I can remove it.

This list is here for us to use to get listers close enough to the for
sale car to go check it out in person. I have traveled 2 hours to check
out a car for another lister, I spoke my mind. Of course my idea of a
basket case may not be some one else's idea. I tell it like I see it.

I have bought 3 or 4 Sprites off the net as a direct result of some
listers finding an ad and posting it either to me directly or to the
list. I am thankful for that.

I think the ad should be honest and complete. The ad in question says a
59 Bugeye for $25. We already know he is a lier as he wants $3500.
Then he should have put $3500 as the asking price not $25. If he lies
about how much he wants, I'm sure he will lie about the car's condition.

Honesty is the best policy. If the car had rust and you fixed it state
new floor welded in. If you say rust "repaired" I would think of
aluminum flashing pop riveted over holes. I have seen enough of this in
my life.

Mention "surface rust" or paint bubbles", we all know the bubbles in the
paint and the rust on the surface started on the inside of the panel and
worked it's way to the surface.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ