Alternator again

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator again
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:47:18 FILETIME=[2DC0F140:01C08322]
List (especially Frank),

I went and bought another rebuilt Lucas alternator for my Bugeye (I traded
the first one for a tach-drive generator which--even after paying a shop to
rebuild--ain't worth crap).  The old alternator had the heaviest gauge wire
in the center of the three connectors.  It had two of the larger size
connectors (accepts a 3/8" spade) and one smaller connector (accepts a 1/4"
spade).  I know that the heavy gauge wire goes to the battery.  I also know
that one of the other wires is unnecessary and the final one goes to the
dash light.  I also printed out Frank's instructions on what to do with the
wires connected to the voltage regulator.  My haynes doesn't say anything
about the connectors or which wire does what.  My question is, Should I
connect the medium gauge wire (with the large connector) to the dash light,
or the small gauge wire (with the small connector) to the dash light?
Thanks,
Ryan