BBT and LBC

To: midgetsprite@egroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: BBT and LBC
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:00:09 EST
Bugeye won't be on the road until this summer after ground up restoration,
BUT I can't help thinking  about what the next project might be.

I am kicking around the idea of a Big British Truck to go along with my LBC.
Thinking in terms of a British equivalent to a Ford or Chevy pickup truck,
50s, 60, or maybe early 70s. Is there such an animal, especially to be found
here in the US? and with a reasonable price/condition?

The only British pickup I've ever seen myself is an Austin Mini, definitely
no go for towing broken down Spridgets (not mine, only friends). A Land Rover
Defender might do, have seen military versions in which you put an entire
Spridget, let alone parts, but Really would like a Pickup not a SUV.

Anyone out there know of anything that might fit the bill? Ideas?

TIA

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA
59 Bugeye (on the road this Summer!)