Re: Roll Bar Padding

To: toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Padding
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:44:41 EST
In a message dated 2/13/01 8:11:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:

> : what is the best way to fasten the
> padding....
> A. zip ties
> B. electrical tape
> C. other
>
> also, if using the electrical tape or zip ties, what kind of spacing is
> recommended. every 2 inches or farther apart. I don't want this stuff
> flapping around if I can help it.  Thanks, Brad

Brad,

The gorgeous bugeye racer I saw in Ft. Lauderdale in November had what
appeared to be electrical tape covering all of the padding.  My experience
with electrical tape, on a steering wheel in my youth, is that the stick
seeps out around the edges..especially in the Texas sun.

How about bicycle handle bar wrap...it even comes in colors.

One thought, be careful how you wrap up the brake light...they get hot.  An
old friend lost his only daughter when a Honda brake light on the hatch
caught her basket of clothes on fire.

Be careful.

Robert H.