Re: Roll Bar Padding

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar Padding
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:33:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I don't know if this appeals or applies, but I (yes, me, myself, I)
sewed my own hood cover from soft vinyl I bought from the store. It
was easy and actually satisfying in that it looks semi-professional.
If you or your daughter have access to a regular sewing machine and
can figure out how to use it (THAT took most of the time of my
project), you could make nice covers very easily. I would make
rectangles with seamed edges. The length of the rectangles would be
the length of the individual tube you wanted to cover, plus an inch
at either end to fold over to make the seamed edge. The width is the
circumference of the padded tube, plus an inch on either side for the
seamed edge. Next, sew Velcro strips on top of each long-side seamed
edge, male on one edge, female on the other. The fabric shop sells
those, too. I wouldn't bother with the glue-backed strips. The shop I
went to sells all types of vinyl remnants in many colors; my choice
would be black, but maybe your daughter would want something more
groovy. Anyway, for less than $10 I think you can have a pretty nice
set of tubing covers, one for each segment of the roll bar
installation.

At 9:05 AM -0600 2/13/01, Brad Fornal wrote:
>This car is for my daughter, it is not my personal
>pimpmobile................
>
>RBHouston@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 2/13/01 8:33:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> > DLancer7676@cs.com writes:
> >
> >> a nylon cover with Velcro along it's seam, that would be the neatest
> >
> > I vote for leopard skin fake fur!  And have the seats done in Zebra!
> >
> > RH

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu