Re: Sleeves?

To: JustBrits <justbrits@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Sleeves?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:55:55 -0800
Cc: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
$40 per sleeve + installation = lots of $$$

Paul,

If you remember me talking about rebuilding my 1275 when I did my
5-speed conversion...
My block had 4-sleeves too, which appeared to be 'factory installed'.
The story I was told, was: If the castings for a run of blocks were
suspect in any way, they would just sleeve the whole run at the factory
to remove any doubt, and save the blocks.
I had mine bored to .20 over, and so far so good. the sleeves were only
about .06  to .98 thick.

 - Bryan