Fw: First Day Over, a little LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: First Day Over, a little LBC
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:55:18 -0500
My son is scheduled to take his exam tomorrow. He is already wanting to
drive to school, work, etc. I told him that he won't be able to drive by
himself until I get the insurance squared away. He complained because I
haven't gotten it lined up yet. I explained that I wasn't going to pay for
his insurance until he had his license. If he fails the test tomorrow, he
has to wait a week or two before he can retake the test.

Since my wife and I are paying for the 1st six months of insurance (we did
that for his sister two years ago), I don't want to waste a penny. I figure
that it will cost about $600 for 6 months and why throw any of it away?

His lesson is starting. I told him that his attitude has a LOT to do with
how much driving he does. Kinda like doing the dishes when he is told, not
when he feels like it, etc. I explained the old "what goes around, comes
around" saying to him. I told him it just came around, TO ME!!!

I bought the car for him to use but it is MY car. He has to carry the
insurance after the first go-around and pay the incidentals such as license
tags, pollution test, repairs, oil changes etc. I think the water pump is
going out, HAH! He'll learn. Life is a bowl of cherries until you break a
tooth on a pit.

AND, NO, NO, NO, he doesn't get to drive the Bugeye!!! I've had that car
longer than I've had him. He will not have a chance to mess it up while I
can still walk and talk. Maybe after I've been in the ground for a while. He
can find his own LBC. I'll help him with it but he AIN'T gonna reap the
rewards of my time, money and sweat until he shows an appreciation of the
cars first... For years now he has called it an old piece of junk. He thinks
Honda Civics are cool. How wierd is that?

Kent
1960 Bugeye