Re: Peter Egan content (was Re: Up coming)

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Peter Egan content (was Re: Up coming)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 22:52:16 -0500
Cc: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>, Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ron Soave wrote:

> Anyone who lives in a snow clime and uses or remembers
> what it was like to have the LBC as a daily winter
> driver needs to pick up the April "Road and Track" and
> read the Peter Egan Side Glances column.

And when I started out being a self employed carpenter, I had a MKIII
Sprite, bugeye nose, roll bar, ladder strapped across the windshield and
roll bar, custom made tool box to fit the boot with notches for the boot
lid hinges. I managed to hit a slush puddle and I took a chunk out of my
brake rotor 40 miles from home in the snow. That means you drive without
touching the brakes.

And 8" of snow before they plow and a S?itfire makes for an interesting
ride.

Now taking a Sprite out on the frozen bay, now that's fun!
Can you say Bat turn?
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ