Re: A Little LBC

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Michael Grint <mgrint@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: A Little LBC
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:34:41 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I got my youngest a 92 Mazda wreck, for free, that a friend fixed the body
work on to make it pass inspection. My eldest got my mom's car an 80's
Plymouth Champ with the extra shifter for sport/economy. My dad gave her
that, and she crashed it with him in the car (not her fault).

The youngest learned to drive in the Midget as it was the only car I have
and she lives with me. She did practice on an automatic in her mom's car,
but that was just to learn not to hit the brake with her left foot ;-)

Keeping them from diving my baby - yes, letting them drive the new stuff?
Not till they can afford it on their own.

And they both went through Driver Training School. Not Bondurant, that is
reserved for me ;-)

Larry

On 3/8/01 9:21 PM, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:

> Michael Grint wrote:
>>
>> My son is 41, but last summer when he asked when I was going to let him
>> drive the Bugeye I answered with an unequivocal  NEVER.
>
> Both my kids (21 and 18) Drive my Bugeye and my wifes Sprite (RHD)
> Maybe, just maybe, one or both of them will get back into LBCs when they
> are in their own home and have space and time for an antique car.
>
> So let me ask this of you "I won't let my kid frive my LBC people"
>
> Do you let them drive the 30,000 dollar modern car? The one you can't
> fix?
>
> Like Ed says, enquiring minds.......

Larry Macy
78 Midget