Re: gaskets

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gaskets
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:00:12 -0800
Jeff,

I attach the valve cover side with Copper Permatex gasket sealer. Degrease
the valve cover lip so the sealer will stick properly. and let it set up
for about an hour before putting it on (check directions on the tube). My
experience is that if one side isn't firmly held in place, the pressure
tightening the cover will force to gasket inside the cover or bulge out in
other places. Also, make sure the rubber bushings on the two shanked bolts
are in good shape and that the thick (1/4 inch) spacers are present. If
not, you'll bottom out on the studs and you won't get a good pressure seal
at the gasket.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -