A little controversy...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A little controversy...
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:43:41 -0800
Cc: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
OK guys,

I'm going to start a little controversy to spark things up a little here.

I'm curious to know how most of you determine the year of your car,
especially those who list their car year in their signature?

DO YOU:

1. Go by the year of the title/registration...
2. Go by when the car was manufactured (either by BMIHT certificate or by
reseaching date ranges car numbers were produced - as in Horler's book?

The reason I got thinking about this is the number of people I've seen
recently who list their Bugeyes as "61s. The only '61 Bugeyes were CKDs
that were shipped to Austraila, and there were only 44 of these made. So
either you are an Ozzie or your cars been shipped state-side or elseware
and is RHD right?

I know it's common practice on British cars to be listed by the 1st year of
registration, so if your car was made in June of 1960, but not sold until
1961, it would be registered as a '61. By the same token if there was
dealer (hypothetically) that had one that he forgot to sell until 1962,
would you list your car as a '62 Bugeye? How do I list my Bugeye that was
manufactured in June 1960, but the registration say 1959?

As someone says... "enquiring minds..."

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -