Re: The Amazing Jerking Midget

To: Jeff24fan@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Amazing Jerking Midget
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:35:55 -0800
Have had this problem with the 1500 model myself.  Disconnect and plug the
vacuum line to the EGR valve.  If the jerking goes away, it is a lean
misfire.  Steady cruising speeds generate sufficient vacuum to open the EGR
valve, which in effect leans out the fuel/air mixture.  We cheap fix is to
leave the EGR valve disconnected.  Correct fix is to adjust carb until
problem is cured.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon