Re: Notaries no lbc

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, philv@pclink.com, type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Notaries no lbc
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:14:03 EST
In a message dated 3/27/01 3:55:04 PM Mountain Standard Time,
richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

> Jay, Chris, Phil, etc:
>
> As a general rule, a notary public attests to the validity of a signature
> on documents (a "subscribed and sworn" or "verification" statement).

For what it is worth, a few years ago when I managed the start up of a couple
of businesses in Louisiana, the notary there had to "approve" the contracts
between our company and the ones we were doing business with.  His notary
stamp said "Notary for Life"

He charged a truly exhorbitant amount for his services too.

But that's Louisiana........

RH...can't speak a work of Coon A$$....

///