Re: 1500 Camshaft Offset keys

To: John Holliday <fprodget@yahoo.com>, Toby Atwater <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Camshaft Offset keys
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:50:54 -0400
Wow John, Thanks for checking this out. At this exact moment I am not sure
if I need one. The problem is that on the 1500 there is no camshaft key, The
only key is on the crank and most offset keys are designed for the camshaft.
I spent several hours on Sat trying to time in the cam. I gave up in
frustration. There were 3 of us supposedly knowledgeable folks in my buddy's
garage at the time. After I left and was driving home it dawned on me that
we were trying to set the cam timing of the intake valve using the #1 valve.
Well if you would open the bonnet and then open your eyes you might notice
that the # 1 valve is an exhaust valve. Can I spell DUH???

I will be going back to see where the stock setup gets the cam timing. If I
need a key I will send you the specs, Thanks again!!

Larry

At this exact moment in time 4/1/01 8:46 AM, "John Holliday"
<fprodget@yahoo.com> made the profound statement:

> Too all of the poor lost 1500 souls:
>
> I have found a retired machinist with with a pretty
> significant machine shop in his garage. He has done
> some things for me and his work is good. If one of you
> want to come up with a drawing for your offset key
> needs, he will look at what it takes to make them. He
> does not charge a lot of money for his time.
>
> Let me know if your interested.
>
> John Holliday

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu