Re: 1500 Camshaft Offset keys

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: 1500 Camshaft Offset keys
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 08:10:32 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry -

True enough.  Ted definitely knows his stuff, particularly about
Triumphs and Triumph engines.  I'm fortunate enough to be in the same
state, so I can run up there when I really need something.

What, you mean you can't get an engine reinstalled in 20 days?!?  Who
says you need a weekend?  I did one in about 10 days, working about 30
minutes at a time, whenever I was home and could squeeze it in.

Alright, everybody, let's cheer Larry on!

Chris K.

"Larry B. Macy" wrote:

> Well I just got off the phone with my buddy and armed with the knowledge
> that he should use the #2 valve to check the cam timing I am amazed to say
> that the cam is spot on. I was given the info, from Ted Schumacher, that the
> timing should open the intake 6 degrees BTDC. Well it turns out that the
> timing, as installed with the stock timing marks is, ta da, 6 degrees BTDC.
> My hat is off to Ted for doing such a bang up job on the cam regrind.
>
> For those that are interested this is the TSI275-4 cam regrind from Ted
> Schumacher at TS Imported Automotive (http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/).
>
> Now all I gotta do is get a weekend to stuff the new motor in the Midget. I
> had hoped to get it ready before the Spring MG vs TR Rallye, but it just
> ain't gonna happen.
>
> If anyone is interested, the Rallye is the 22nd of April. I am not sure
> right now where it starts but it will be near Philly someplace. All are
> invited, but only Philly MG Club and Del Val TR club members can win the
> Lucas Cup (Which is in my home at the moment and hopefully will be there
> again on the 23rd).
>
> Larry

///