Re: Re: Larry's engine

To: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Larry's engine
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:04:11 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I seem to remember when I spoke to TS that he said the same thing.  He said the
important things on the bottom end were to open up the galleries, pin the
washers, and to balance and line bore the whole thing.

Cross drilling would weaken an already weak system.  He seemed happy that my
machinist (through Rob Medynski) told me my donor crank was in brand new
condition i.e. standard.

Mike

Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cross drilling the crank isn't the best idea on the
1500. It can be done and will help but it will weaken
the crank. I would recommend opening the main
galleries (center gallery is the most important). If
you cross drill the crank, I highly recommend
lightening the flywheel. The 1500 crank will flex at
the center as stock...if you weaken the crank by
crossdrilling and you don't lighten the flywheel, you
stand a greater risk of over flexing and sustaining
low end damage of the worst kind.

///