Spridget road trip

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spridget road trip
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:01:37 -0400
I just figured some other lister (who were not involved) may be
intersted in yesterdays Midget adventure.

Yes, I just bought my 43 1/2 spridget. Just 1/2, Kevin bought the other
1/2.

Seems Paul T posted his Midget to the list, Kevin jumped on it but knew
I needed an engine and a few other parts so asked me to split it with
him.
How could I say no, I am addicted and I just can NOT say NO!
Biff got wind of the deal, he was intersted in just he carpets from
Paul's car.

This is the rest of the story...........
I left about 6:45 am Sunday to arrive at Pauls in Glen Burnie (Baltimore
suburb) at 10:00. Kevin arrived from PA around 9:58, I was one minute
early arriving at 9:59, and Biff was dead on at 10:00 sharp.
3 people arriving from 3 different places 3 hours (except Biff) away all
with in 3 minutes. Uncanny?
Paul met us all, first we yanked the engine (about a minute's time)
since Paul had it all unbolted.
We loaded the Midget on a trailer to tow to Kevins.
Biff brought rubber bumpers to eventually get to Larry Macy's hands and
threw them in my truck.
I unbolted the drive shaft for towing, Paul took out the seats so Biff
could take out the carpets, bits and pieces were flying off the car and
in about 30 minutes it was pretty much stripped of what each of us
wanted.
Lunch with Paul, Kevin, Biff, Myself and a couple lovely ladies at the
local pub and off we were in tow to Kevins.
More parts swaping (I should say Kevin giving me parts) at Kevins,
unload the Midget, Dinner at Kevins and a call to Larry to drop off his
bumpers.
As I was delivering the rubber bumpers to Larry, I did consider keeping
them to "modernize" my bugeye with the lastest bumpers but Larry
wouldn't let me keep them.
A brief hello at Larry's, and off I was again.
Total driving time about 10 hours, total LBC time 8 hours, so 18 hours
of spridgets, parts, and listers.
It was a perfect day.

ps, Larry, nice trophy, you best get to keep it again this year.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

///