Re: Priming and Painting

To: Dave <dhiley@cadvision.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Priming and Painting
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:25:40 -0700
Dave,

It is best to sand within 24 hours prior painting. This is to promote
(mechanical) adhesion of the next coat. 400 or even a red scotchbrite is
OK. 600 is unnecessary before the primer coat, and 400 is probably plenty
good enough prior to your final color coat. Finer grits are usually used
for sanding out color coats for polishing.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints