Re: ATT TEXAS LISTERS!!!!

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: ATT TEXAS LISTERS!!!!
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:03:00 -0700
Cc: toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Littlefield wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001 09:48:12 -0500 Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
> writes:
> that tough on them. I mean, what the f#$k, Kalifornia hasn't done
> > this
> > yet!! Usually they lead the nation in the crappy laws, they start it
>
> Uh, well, I think they have.  I have some friends that moved to the
> People's Republic of California a few years ago and paid over $400 per
> vehicle.

    Smog impact fees were recently held to be violative constitutionally in
California - all who paid them will get a refund.  There is no extra fee for
bringing in a vehicle to California, except the "vehicle use fee" (sales tax) of
around 7.75% on the purchase price, for a vehicle that was bought in ANOTHER
state.  They will give you a credit for any sales tax you paid in another state,
if you can prove it.  Ask me how I know...
Steve

Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
Samesq@pacbell.net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/samesq
Photo Album: http://members2.clubphoto.com/steve191750/

"'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language.
Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence?"
Steven Wright