RE: Bugeye Fiberglass Bonnet (Speedwell copy?)

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>
Subject: RE: Bugeye Fiberglass Bonnet (Speedwell copy?)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:05:38 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net o m>
Hi Toby,
At 09:05 PM 5/30/01 -0700, Toby Atwater wrote:
>aww man. The Sebring Bonnet is to die for! It combines all the elegance of
>the later square bodies (headlights), and the nice wide smile of the Bugeye.
>I need to get one... any suppliers? It will work PERFECT on my RWA midget.
>Does anybody know if it is available as a stand alone bonnet? or are more
>intense modifications to the body required?

I'm not sure the Sebring style bonnet was ever produced in fiberglass, or
in any significant numbers. I think it was actually a metal Bugeye bonnet,
modified as part of John Sprinzel's Sebring Sprite coupi conversion, and
there were never very many of those. If you *can* find one, it oughtta fit
without any significant body modification.

>I sent an e-mail off to Speedwell as well.

Got it. We're in the process of tooling-up to reproduce the whole coupi,
including the bonnet, but production is still a few months away.

> > (See <http://www.toyshop-resto.com/britspd/sebring.html>.)

Rick