RE: Bugeye Fiberglass Bonnet (Speedwell copy?)

To: "Toby Atwater" <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>
Subject: RE: Bugeye Fiberglass Bonnet (Speedwell copy?)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:31:49 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
At 08:05 AM 5/31/01 -0700, Rick Snover wrote:
>At 09:05 PM 5/30/01 -0700, Toby Atwater wrote:
> >aww man. The Sebring Bonnet is to die for! It combines all the elegance of
> >the later square bodies (headlights), and the nice wide smile of the Bugeye.
> >I need to get one... any suppliers? It will work PERFECT on my RWA midget.
> >Does anybody know if it is available as a stand alone bonnet? or are more
> >intense modifications to the body required?
>I'm not sure the Sebring style bonnet was ever produced in fiberglass, or
>in any significant numbers....

(My partner may kill me for this, but...) I just remembered: Archer's
Garage Ltd., in Birmingham, England was offering a replica Sebring bonnet,
in fiberglass. Their price seemed pretty reasonable, but shipping from the
UK might eat you alive. See <http://www.sebringsprite.com/>, click on
"Replica", then "Price List".

Rick