Re: HELP...need advice!

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, converse@swbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP...need advice!
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:48:34 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/01 12:39:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mgraziano@mindspring.com writes:

> 3. Wiring...  The Bentley and Haynes books are best.  Occasionally,  eBay
> has a factory wiring diagram.  Keep your eyes open.  I think the Bentley's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You will find that the Haynes diagrams are more like a schematic than a
wiring diagram.  They do not place the devices in proper position as they are
found in the car.  All the lights are next to each other on the diagram,
whilst most cars have the red lights mounted to the rear and the whitish
lights mounted in the front.

Bentley manuals have a better wiring diagram that is easy to understand for a
novice.  I have also found some mistakes in the Haynes diagrams, so Bentley
is the way to go.

Find the correct diagram in your new Bentley manual and make several enlarged
photocopies of it, along with the key.  Then you can use a hiliter pen to
hilite the wires you are trying to trace.  It makes the job much easier.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport