I sold it!!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: I sold it!!
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:30:54 -0500
After four years of love and great care I sold my Midget back to the
original owner a couple of weeks ago.  Actually his children bought it back
for him as a birthday present.   I have been on a quest for a big Healey and
have found a nice looking BT7 that probably will come home with me next
weekend.  BUT, I can't stand not having a Spridget so I have been looking
for another one.  I found a couple of 69 Sprites, they were advertised as
one running and one parts car.  Well the parts car is in better condition
that the runner.  The biggest problem I see is that both dash boards are
trash, unusable. The fact that the engine smokes and coughs, the clutch
slips and the brakes are shot doesn't bother me all that much.  What have
you "rebuilders" done with late Spridgets with the padded dash that needs
replaced.  I have seen the dash caps that glue on but that only fixes part
of it.  Is there a good way to restore the padding and vinyl or is there an
alternative other than making a wood panel?  Or better yet let me know if
anybody sees a good early metal dash car for sale.

Mark
Midgetless in Nashville

http://www.nashvilletn.org
http://members.home.com/mendicott