OK, My Fuel Pump Isn't Awful

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: OK, My Fuel Pump Isn't Awful
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:13:38 EDT
Now, imagine how incredulous I was when my mechanic calls me this morning.

"Hi Tom. The Midget is fine, it was just out of gas."
"How is that possible? It was showing half a tankful."
"Yes, I saw that two, but it was completely out of gas. We put in a tankful
and it started right up. That'll be $12.00"

What's happening here? When I picked up the car, it was showing a full tank.
Does this mean when I am showing half a tank, it is in fact empty? Is this
just a glitch, or will it work itself out?

Thanks,
Tom