Re: OK, My Fuel Pump Isn't Awful

To: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Subject: Re: OK, My Fuel Pump Isn't Awful
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 23:50:39 -0500
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
BT on the 68. When we got it, it had been sitting for some time and the sending
unit float had corrosion. When you filled the tank, it registered full, but it
would not go all the way to empty. I drained the tank, pulled it and removed the
sending unit. The float rod was covered in rust. I sprayed the pivot area where
the float rod goes into the sender (both sides) and gently worked it back and
forth till it moved freely. It has worked properly ever since.