Re: clutch fork

To: Michael Lupynec <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Subject: Re: clutch fork
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 23:48:58 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Michael Lupynec wrote:

> Not much of a jap car fan, but my 1990 Acura had one clutch  & one
> cable till I sold it at 220K. Best part - you could adjust it with
> no tools from the top in 5 seconds. Let's see 3 times 5 seconds
> over 10 years.......

  True, but my 92 has a hydraulic clutch and... it's never
required anything. I think most people have similar experiences,
although british cars are a bit of an exception likely
because of all the sitting they often do.

  I can't count any car job as "5 seconds" anyways. You have to
get tools, and inevitably you get dirty so you likely want
to change first and wash up after. And while you are
under there....

  Don't get me wrong, I love working on my cars, I just don't
beleive any job can be counted as 5 seconds. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca