1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:07:38 EDT
The 1275 engine which I bought out of the back of a barn (for $300), came
apart surpassing clean. (Oh by the way that front pulley bolt was a bitch, my
compliments to anyone who can get that off with the engine inside the car.)
No scores on the crankshaft, cylinders, camshaft. Just a little pitting on
the lifters. So, it looks like I am not going to buy new pistons, or bore out
the block.  My plan is to bolt on a Judson Supercharger. The guy at the
machine shop wants to know if I can do this using the "stock" pistons. He
thinks I may have to lower the compression ratio.
What was the original compression ratio?

Second question: This engine has cylinder sleeves. Is this normal or were
these put in to solve a problem?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A