Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:36:56 -0700
David,

I don't know you expertise in this area, so...

If you haven't done so already, the bores need to be checked for taper and
out-of-roundness. The crank and cam should be mic-ed to see if it is in
spec range too. While it's apart "tank" the block, replace the freeze plugs
and have the galley plugs at least pressure checked if not replaced. Also
check the oil pump for wear.

Some engines were sleeved from the factory if there were defects in the
casting, or it could have been rebuilt in another life. I believe stock
pistons are OK. I have no experience with Judsons. but many others here do.
I'm sure they'll chime in.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -