Re: Brake pads

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Brake pads
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 07:20:21 -0700
Cc: Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi David,

I'd be wary of most "metal" type of brake pads for the Spridgets on street use.
Most of that type are not at all sticky until they get hot.  I'm part way
through
a test of Kevlar pads and so far they are everything or better than I expected.
They have good bite at low speed and low tem and the bite increases rapidly as
they heat up.  I'm using the gree ones which is for the street use.  There are
two others available for m-cross and race.  Not recommended for street use.

The pads are pricey, but they appear to be unusually long lasting and not very
hard on the rotors.  Shall we say bullet proof?  LOL

Rotors are inexpensive, anyway.

Later, Paul A