Re[2]: Brake pads

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Brake pads
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:20:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Peter,

Monday, July 30, 2001, 10:28:47 AM, you wrote:

PC> Axxis Metal-Masters is the new name for Repco Metal-Masters. Repco is an
PC> Australian manufacturer of many parts... brakes being a large part of their
PC> business. (Something led to the name change a few years ago. I can't recall
PC> the details, but it's the same stuff)
PC>          They are an extremely high quality brake pad. I think they are
PC> about the best you can buy. Metal pads may not be appropriate for your
PC> driving, however. They *can* take a while to warm up to give a reliable
PC> stop. Axxis also make an organic version of the pad. It's about driving
PC> style, heat transfer, etc. My understanding is the high metal
PC> content .......

When I replace the pads on mine and my wife's cars, I get the lifetime
replacement pads from the local auto parts store.  Not sure who's
lifetime they are supposed to last, but even in dogs years sometimes
they don't make it to be seven.  The ones that came on the car seem to
last much longer.  Pads are cheap enough but I would like them to last
more than 12 to 24K miles.  Yes I know that 12K is short, but the
driving here in NJ is 0 to 60 back down to 60 from one stop light to
the next, and never leave more than one car lengths between you and
the car in front of you, reguardless of the speed.  This tends to eat
pads.  I wonder if the OEM pads would last longer than 12K miles, the
ones that came on the car lasted about 40K.  What I want to know who
makes pads that last and work when you are not driving like a racer?

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net