Thank you Paul A!

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank you Paul A!
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:11:56 -0700
More on Rendezvous 2001 later, but first I must publicly thank a list member
for helping me out during our trip home.

Eileen and I came home from Grant's Pass north via the Oregon coast along
with Walt and Zoe Harrison (Olympia WA) in their bugeye, Allan and Kathleen
Wales (Seattle) and Earl and Ann Kagna (Victoria), both in their big
Healeys. Early Saturday afternoon, we stopped for lunch and a break in
Cannon Beach.

The first brake application after pulling out of the parking spot resulted
in a horrible grinding noise and an up and down pedal, so I pulled over
immediately. We pulled the left front wheel and drum, and found the brake
shoes and their linings had parted company. I had never heard of this, and
who carries spare brake shoes?

Now what?  the best I could think of was overnight delivery. Then I
remembered that Paul Asgeirsson lives in Portland, so I called him up to see
if he could help.

Well, help he did. Not only did Paul have a set of brake shoes in his shop,
but he got in his Morris Minor, brought them to us in Cannon Beach, and even
put them on the wheel. When I called, Paul was about to leave for Salem for
the rest of the weekend, which is about 50 miles south of Portland. He made
what he described as a "bit of a detour", driving what I figure to be around
190 miles and many hours out of his way to help us out. We ended up with a 3
1/2 hour delay; without Paul it would have been at least 24 hours.

So, two things:

1. I want everyone to know what a great guy Paul is.

2. If you haven't done so lately, check the bonding on the brake shoes on
your cars - they just might be delaminating.

Thanks again, Paul!

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)