Re: Anyone having fun with their Spridget?

To: bugeyeguy@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone having fun with their Spridget?
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 01:13:49 EDT
Well Tom, thanks for asking...

I would say I am having an OK summer with my Midget so far. The season got
off to a rough start. I missed my local MG Club's biggest event of the year
in early June thanks to a bad fuel pump and water pump. I missed the same
show last year when my clutch's slave cylinder quit on me two miles away from
the show. After the fuel pump quit, the gas guage decided to not work
anymore. This week marks my third anniversary of Midget ownership, and the
car has left me stranded five times (1. Dead Battery 2. Dried out fuel hose
3. Spent Clutch Slave Cylinder 4. Spent fuel pump 5. Out of gas due to
inoperable gas guage).

That said, my wife and I usually take her out once a week and drive along the
shore for an hour or so. I am disappointed that I have not been participating
in club events, but I have at least three I will attend this year, and I look
forward to them, as long as the Midget is willing....

Tom
78 Midget