Re: Midget 1500 Parts Needed

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget 1500 Parts Needed
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:26:56 -0400
>The Trooper starter will not fit the 1500 midget without doing some
pounding in of the footwell.  I know this because a little less than two
months ago, I went through the same thing.  Bought the trooper starter and
tried to fit it, it wouldn't because of clearance to the driver's side
footwell.

>I got a nice gear reduction starter from Paul A Asgeirsson , who is on the
list.  It fits very easy and works great!! I can highly recommend this
starter,  It spins the motor like it has no compression (it actually has
10.5:1 compression).

>Send out an all points bulletin for Paul and I am sure he can hook you up.
>

>Hope this Helps,
Travis G. Elliott

1979 Midget 1500
Original Owner, 1st car