Re: HELP

To: bcleary@awod.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mail@thebpc.com
Subject: Re: HELP
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:47:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/01 4:07:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bcleary@awod.com
writes:

> I own a 1976 MG Midget that was garage kept for 10 years without being
> driven.
> It was driven without oil in the engine so the engine needs rebuilt.  The
> brakes are froze up so they need replaced or repaired also and there are
> numerous other things that, I am certain, will need to be replaced/repaired.
> My garage cannot find parts down here.  Can you tell me where I can get
> parts
> and perhaps even a manual for this little car?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sounds like you may be new to the list.  Welcome.  Almost every part is
easily available for your MG, and probably easier to get than when the car
was new!

First, go to www.mossmotors.com and request that they MAIL you a catalog.
The catalog is available for download, but they have broken it up into little
pieces that makes it difficult to work with.  (Why'd they do that?)

The Moss catalog is a fountain of information.  Good diagrams of all
components, and some handy tips thrown in.  Now for the fun part.  Don't buy
the parts directly from Moss!  You will pay full price, plus shipping.  There
are several places, including several regular listers on this list, who sell
the parts at a discount and do not charge shipping.  Service from the people
listed below is outstanding, and they all know their shi...er...stuff, if you
have any questions about repairs.

Contact:
Ed Kaler at:  justbrits@home.com
Peter C. at:  nosimport@mailbag.com
George Merryweather at:  gmerry1@airmail.net
Jeff Zorn at:  LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Dick Burger at:  mail@thebpc.com

And I'm sure some other listers will have other suppliers that they use and
like.  I have never met any of the people I listed, but the top two on my
list have become very good friends, because of our connection with little
British cars.

Good luck with getting the car back on the road.  I hope you are doing all
this work so you can drive and enjoy it.  If you have any questions at all,
just post them here and you will get the answers.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport