ignition system upgrades

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ignition system upgrades
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 06:57:24 -0400
I'm considering an upgrade to my ignition system (74 1/2 Midget) which
is totally stock, not a single piece of which has been touched in 20
years (and 10,000 miles).  My plan is to start with a Lucas Sport Coil
and the Pertronix Electronic Ignition setup.

My question is whether any of you think that any other bits aught to be
upgraded and/or replaced just because of age or because of some other
bottleneck that I'm not thinking about.  If you feel strongly about a
certain upgrade than a recommendation would be appreciated.

Any and all help is cheerfully considered.

Cheers,
Mike Gagne
Chapel Hill, NC