Re: ignition system upgrades

To: mgagne@unc.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ignition system upgrades
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:49:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/01 7:03:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mgagne@unc.edu
writes:

> Out of ignorance, what is it about the plugs and wires that you mentioned

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Several listers are using the Bosch Platinum Plus Four plugs, including me.
I put them in my Mitsubishi first, and the engine idle smoothed out.  The old
plugs still looked perfectly good.  They are a little more money, but look at
all the time you save because they don't need to be gapped!  ;-)

Read the Magnecor web site at www.magnecor.com.  Their explanation of plug
wires sold me.  Very happy with the fit and performance of them in my
Mitsubishi, and I will be ordering them for my Midget as soon as I buy a
house!  Plug wires won't give you a drastic change in performance unless your
old wires are toast.  But the quality of the Magnecors will make them last a
long time.  My NOS wires on the Midget are absolute trash.  They were new
about 3 years ago, and they fall off the ends of the plugs.  I have to crimp
them with pliers to get them to stay on.

No financial interest here, just a satisfied customer.  YMMV

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport