Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: converse@centurytel.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:05:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/01 6:11:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
converse@centurytel.net writes:

> It does go right back down when the motor is started and the water is
> flowing.
> I can bring it down faster by reving the motor a bit.

Like I said, it sounds like the cooling system is doing it's job perfectly.
Check the mix of coolant and water.  It should be no more than 50%
antifreeze.  In the summer you can run straight water.  Water cools better
than antifreeze.  Just make sure you add some antifreeze before freezing
temps get there.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget