Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:36:42 +0100
Tracey,
Think of it this way; once you switch off the engine you immediately
stop adding energy (i.e. heat) to the system.  All that is hapenning
is that heat is transferring from the metal of the engine to the
water.  Because that water is no longer circulating it rapidly heats
up to "meet" the engine temperature, which conversly actually cools
down a bit from its normal running temp.. The engine becomes cooler
than it was when running,although the temperature guage rises.

So long as it is not overheating when running, there is nothing to
worry about.  Just make sure that you keep the rad topped up.

Guy