Antique Auto Battery

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Antique Auto Battery
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:37:30 -0500
   Anyone else had dealings w/ Antique Auto Battery in Hudson, OH?  I
bought a Lucas "tar top" reproduction battery for my Bugeye Concours
candidate.  The battery ($150.00 including shipping) arrived in a timely

manner.  I filled it w/ electrolyte, charged it per their instructions
and put it in the Bugeye.  Not enough power to run the parking lights
and the horn at the same time.  Off to a real battery place where they
load tested it and proclaimed "Junk".
    The folks at Antique Auto Battery, while professing innocence, gave
me instructions on returning the defective battery.  I did return it, at

their expense, not including the 80 mile round trip to the UPS station.
    The "new" battery arrived yesterday.  Same drill--fill w/ more
electrolyte, charge per their instructions, and not enough power to pull

a sick hooker off an army cot!  I haven't contacted them yet but I
certainly will first thing in the AM!  The real battery place load
tested the "new" battery and said that they were tired of testing the
same junk battery!
    Anyway, if you're interested, I'll report the results of the phone
call I will make in the morning.  I think it's a good thing I bought it
on a credit card--they probably will be the ones arguing w/  Antique
Auto Battery.
    Anyone else happy, or not, w/ these folks?  I'd be interested in the

results.

Larry Dickstein

Lone Jack, MO